Recently, a new brand has emerged in the sub $50 knife range and is causing quite a stir. In fact, this brand is about as fearless as the animal that it is named after, the honey badger. These knives are not only low priced, but are also very EDC friendly. These knives are designed in South Africa, but made in China to help explain the cheaper price tag.
Furthermore, Honey Badger is quite innovative with the sizes of their knives. Most models have a choice between small, medium, and large. The differences in the sizes are very pronounced even though the price difference is not. All three sizes are normally in the $30 area for the lowest available metal, 8Cr13MoV.
- 8Cr13MoV blade material
- Very smooth flipper action
- Large thumb hole also provides easy opening
- Low priced
- Different sizes in the same models and colors
- Many different colors
- Different blade styles
- Great EDC knives
- Jimping on the back of the knives
- Honeycomb texture handles made of FRN (fiverglass-reinforced nylon)